Is the Aeris Atmos II Discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talonraid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just read in another thread that the Aeris Atmos II is to be discontinued. Is this true?

If so, is it the wrist computer, console mount or both?

I hope this is just someone who has made a mistake. I've spent the last month reading about computers and had just decided to go with the Atmos II wrist mount. This is the first time I have seen anything about it being discontinued.

I just got one from ScubaToys. They just got a bunch in, a few weeks ago....

yeah... you'll have no trouble finding one

they are awsome computers, btw

talonraid:
If so, is it the wrist computer, console mount or both?

I believe the computer is basically a "hockey puck" that pops into whatever type of mount you choose. You can put it in a wrist or console, or interchange if you want.

Thanks everyone for the info. I can't believe I didn't even see it coming....

I own 5 Atmos 1s and now I just bought an Atmos 2 with console. I love the damn things, but I am left wondering if Aeris will still support the Atmos brand with parts for years to come. I am considering purchasing a second Atoms 2 wrist for a back-up because prices are dropping so low.

Yes, aeris should still support the warranty and such. The xr2 is essentially the same with just a little face lift. No more green buttons and a slight change on the display. No big changes though. Aeris computers are amazing and I have been diving one for 4 years now and am about to get a new one cause I personally lov ethe green buttons... yay for green buttons!

I agree the Atmos 2 is awesome. The wrist strap is standard unless you buy it otherwise, but it's easy to remount it in a console or retractor clip. The versatility in mounting arrangements was one of the things that attracted us to this computer. The plus side of Aeris phasing them out is that there are some great deals out there, though I'd recommend sticking to authorized dealers.

Back
Top Bottom