Personal best for the year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
I am pleased with myself: I hit 20' about 4 times the other day with very little effort. 10' was a challenge last year and a couple of months ago. My all-time personal best is ~30' and the goal for the year is 45' :D

congrats! you're on your way!

glad someone had a good year, mine slipped from 130 to 75ft :( but after 3 surgeries on my right knee I don't feel so bad

just remember, for the most part, it's all in your head :D

I'm assuming you have some kind of, or had some kind of, medical condition that would prevent you from going deeper?

None-the-less, congrats :)

nope, I'm just a bit of a wimp and there is this hole that happens to be 45' that I want to get to the bottom of. Additionally I'd like to take up spearing. I'm sure if I can get to 45' I'll want to go deeper :wink: I'll probably get harassed about the latter comment since I refuse to go much deeper than 70' on SCUBA.

Do you have a mentor? I'm not much of a free diver anymore, but it is really technique intensive. Lots of tricks.

no mentor right now, I could of course use pointers on techniques. At the moment I just play "I can dive as deep as you can" with my partner who cheats and overweights himself or I just mess around by myself.

No tips on what to do from me, but here's a couple you shouldn't try:
DON'T overweight yourself, whatever you do.
Don't get into hyper ventilating without some training.
Don't try setting PB's while alone
Don't free dive on your SI or within 12 hours after scuba

Free diving is great.

dherbman:
No tips on what to do from me, but here's a couple you shouldn't try:
DON'T overweight yourself, whatever you do.
Don't get into hyper ventilating without some training.
Don't try setting PB's while alone
Don't free dive on your SI or within 12 hours after scuba

Free diving is great.

Yes dear, I know....I've been doing this for about ten years, I'm just not very good at it. :wink: I almost never get in the water alone alone. "Alone" means my partner is in the water but doing his thing and might notice my unconscious carcass before I drowned. As much of a chicken :chicken: as I am do you really think I do anything foolish?

Good Luck Gidds. A good way to dive deeper is when you are diving with your buddy, don't look at your depth gauge. Your buddy should monitor depth of course but sometimes watching your depth gauge causes anxiety.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom