My dive shop is having a special. Aqualung Titan with a free octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
$298. I don't know anything about Aqualung.

it's not really a special at your shop - it's a general Aqualung/Apeks deal right now.

Aqualung is having the special, not just your dive shop. Free octo (certain regs) if purchased from any authized dealer. Details on the Aqualung page (aqualung.com).

I have heard AQ makes good regs, but I prefer ScubaPro, for purely personal preference reasons, and lately as a reaction to AQ's lousy business tactics.

Mine work pretty well except when I am in a head down....feet up position....then they are very hard to breath on.

I have three AQ Titan LX they are very rugged my oldest is five years old. My big complaint would be same as RICHinNC that in head down they become harder to breath on in the head down position. If that is a concern the AQ Legend is very easy to breath on. I have one that is one year old. I also have several ScubaPro regs. I perfer Aqualung for ease of service and easy to get parts in this part of the world. I have a part time job as a reg tec. on island as I work on both brands.

Dale on a little rock in the Pacific

RICHinNC:
Mine work pretty well except when I am in a head down....feet up position....then they are very hard to breath on.

You can get the Apeks with the free octo and solve that problem. :wink:

I just bought the Titan (not LX) with the free octo deal for $219 from my LDS for my daughter. If this is the regular Titan it isn't a great deal. If it is the LX then it is better. He said they could discount the Titan but not any other reg more than 10%. It is a proven design and a very good but not high performance reg. I recommend not getting the ABS octo but go with the Titan octo. It is the same as the Titan second.

I haven't tried it head down but it was fine when I tried it. It isn't as good as my Legend but fine and a LOT less. I don't understand the head down issue between a Legend and a Titan LX. The seconds are the same. I don't have that problem with my Legend and I have tried it in every postion and it was dry for me. It may happen with a regular Titan but I didn't test it. Maybe the earlier posters can discuss this a bit more.

I think both AL and ScubaPro pretty much have the same corporate policy so if you want AL or SP (ie. parts/service availability world wide) then you have to be OK with it.

:wink:

It is getting more tough that LDS is tempting the customer by using "Special" wording thanks to IT. :)

I have one and like the reg. I got it for about $200, so I think you can get a better deal elsewere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom