What to wear for the lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mudchick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but what do you suggest as exposure protection for Thurs. eve. ? An lds told me today that a couple of weeks ago :)confused: ) the thermocline was shallow and something like 60 degrees. Is that so?

mudchick:
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but what do you suggest as exposure protection for Thurs. eve. ? An lds told me today that a couple of weeks ago :)confused: ) the thermocline was shallow and something like 60 degrees. Is that so?
Temp is in low 70's above the thermocline which was at 30-35' on Saturday, below it was a chilly low to mid 60's. I personally wear my 7mm; no hood, unless I plan on venturing below the thermocline for some reason [which I don't on Thurs., it's cold dark and spooky down there with low viz and not much to see; I don't see a point in it], this is really my only option seeing as the only other suit I own is a 3mm shortie :11:; I could see myself getting away with a 5mm full, some crazy bas***ds do dive in shorties but I am not one of them :D

See ya tomorrow night; what time are you planning on being there? Weather conditions should be good, but you may want to PM a cell # in case we change sites due to weather conditions unless your planning on being there right around 6-6:30.

Garrett

I'm with Garrett. I wear my 7/5, no hood unless planning on going below the thermocline. Then I'll add a hood and gloves. But there is no point in going below the thermocline for a fun recreational dive. The fish don't even go down there! :D There's a lot to be seen in the first 20 feet of Lake Pleasant.

Wow. That's much cooler than I expected. I thought I'd bring my 2mil shorty and if that wasn't enough the the 3 mil. Glad I asked.

I was toasty in my 3 mil shortie on Sunday. I was cold-numb at 65 feet but above the thermo it felt like warm p***. Three others diving with me were only wearing rash gaurd tops and bathing suits. We did over an hour long dive. Above the thermo no one felt the slightest bit chilly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom