Diving West Beach Paddlewheeler 7-13-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Should be out there by 7:15-7:30PM, if you know its location, feel free to join us. We'll be bringing polespears with the hopes of finding some food. Report and pics of catch(and there will be a catch surely!?) will be posted tonight or tomorrow.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Should be out there by 7:15-7:30PM, if you know its location, feel free to join us. We'll be bringing polespears with the hopes of finding some food. Report and pics of catch(and there will be a catch surely!?) will be posted tonight or tomorrow.
Hello Mat

Last Monday night I was at Gary’s Spear fishing Seminar. A couple of guys from the rear seats said over the weekend there was a buddy of theirs that took a large Cobia off the Whiskey. I do realize this is not normal for this time of year about three months late. Have you heard any such rumors?

I haven’t had the chance yet to dive the wreak yet this summer have you seen any fish large enough worth taking a gun out to it for a small dinner?

Tom

I've heard of two sightings of Cobia the last few months on the Whiskey Wreck(I witnessed neither). I've also seen a decent sized grouper on the Paddlewheeler on two occasions, personally. For both sites, I'm usually carrying a polespear, if anything, so I have shot at the grouper, nor have I personally come across the cobia.

Paulwall witness the cobia at the Whiskey on his trip before last to the area.

The Whiskey Wreck looks great this summer, its supposedly more uncovered than its been since the early '80s. Let me know when you wanna dive it, I'll go, its always fun. Infact, I'll be there Saturday evening, if you'd like to join our group.

How did the dive go? A report would be great.
OOPS! I should have looked further before posting this. I see the report down below. NEVER MIND!!
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom