A little assistance needed from GA divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After a 3 to 4 weeks in FL diving and just enjoying life for a while, I've got to visit Augusta, GA for a week or so to spend some time with a good friend in the VA hospital. I'm just now in the process of booking my trip for a flight out of Phoenix this weekend, this trip is being pulled together really quickly so I've had very little time to preform any research about diving in the area (so unlike me). That is why I'm asking for a little assitance here.
I would love to get at least 1 day of diving in or more if I've got the time, but I'm just not sure the location. I'm flying in and out of Jacksonville, FL due to some credits I've got to use from SWA, so driving is not a problem since I've got to drive any way. I might even dive out of Jacksonville, FL, but I think I would like to dive out of GA if at all possible.
So if you were to recommend somewhere to dive where would it be and with whom? It could be fresh water or off shore and I really like wreck diving. I hope that you can lend a hand on short notice.

Thanks,
Adam

May want to ask this in the Looney Birds Subforum as well, they are all GA divers and can point you in the correct direction. I'm not sure how often they check the main forum nowadays :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
May want to ask this in the Looney Birds Subforum as well, they are all GA divers and can point you in the correct direction. I'm not sure how often they check the main forum nowadays :)

Thanks for the info. I posted it there already. :wink:

naui 15694:
I am not sure the route that you are taking, but TLC Charters, just South of Savannah, does local charters, www.tlccharters.com.

They are now on my to call list. I'm not sure where I'm going to end up at yet, but I'm going to get in at least one day of diving. :D

AZ Desert Diver:
After a 3 to 4 weeks in FL diving and just enjoying life for a while, I've got to visit Augusta, GA for a week or so to spend some time with a good friend in the VA hospital. I'm just now in the process of booking my trip for a flight out of Phoenix this weekend, this trip is being pulled together really quickly so I've had very little time to preform any research about diving in the area (so unlike me). That is why I'm asking for a little assitance here.
I would love to get at least 1 day of diving in or more if I've got the time, but I'm just not sure the location. I'm flying in and out of Jacksonville, FL due to some credits I've got to use from SWA, so driving is not a problem since I've got to drive any way. I might even dive out of Jacksonville, FL, but I think I would like to dive out of GA if at all possible.
So if you were to recommend somewhere to dive where would it be and with whom? It could be fresh water or off shore and I really like wreck diving. I hope that you can lend a hand on short notice.

Thanks,
Adam

Sorry I've been out of town and didn't see your message in time. There is actually some interesting local Augusta diving - Clark hill Lake (AKA Lake Thumond) and the Savannah river. PM me if you get back this way and I share info about the local sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom