and so it begins..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So, Monday will be the start of my getting in shape...while I want to be good fitness guy and follow the 1-2 lbs/week...how much over that can you go before it's "unhealthy"? Also, I'm going to to my cardio with a heavy bag and lap swim...some of the few things in a gym that I have fun with. Anyone have any good workouts they do on the heavy bag?

I never heard of the heavy bag...is it like a human sea anchor?

I have ten I did not have last year....:(

catherine96821:
I never heard of the heavy bag...is it like a human sea anchor?(
:lol:

and so it ends....well, I rolled my ankle carying some boxes down the stairs...so maybe a week from monday, dono though..doc is looking at it in the morning.
catherin...i can't tell if your joking or not...but it's a punching bag, so more like a diver that silts up the visibility on vacation!

It doesn't have to end. You can still do the swimming, crunches, sit-ups, push-ups, etc. Being your an active duty spouse you can go to the base gym and do some light lifting, NOT HEAVY. Light weigt, lots of reps. There is quite a bit of equipment there that you can use with out having to stress your ankle.

Good idea, these crutches are a workout in themselves though...We'll it's not broken, so that's good, just severely sprained. I'll focus on upper body workouts untill it gets better(my legs are pretty lean anyways)

bad luck with the ankle KW!

hubby goes to a trainer 3 times per week and does weights and boxing/cardio - i do the non impact stuff by swimming and walking

hubby lost over 30lbs so far and i just officially walked of 50lbs as at today (10 weeks without a coke!!!!!!!)

with weights - gotta remember you turn fat into muscle quicker so he was showing no change on the scales and getting bummed.

each thursday a group of SB'er post their weekly weighins here to share the good news so looking forward to you getting in the groove with us!

Catherine... you sure you havent been eating my muffins??? Neets has gained about 10lbs also she tells me

Good luck to you. You shouldn't have a problem with losing "too much". You're only 23. I've experienced some pretty rapid weight loss at times, as much as 6-8 lbs a week, as a result of diet and hard exercise. Being younger and male, you will have an easier time of it than others.

I forgot about highschool, my senior year I dropped 20lbs in a month. Cut out Dr. Pepper and fast food (I need a re-hab program for Dr. Pepper, I can clear it out of my system, but it only takes one and the next day I will drink 3-4). Thanks for the support. I'll post on thursday. can I de-calibrate my scale to make me feel better? lol!

Good idea, these crutches are a workout in themselves though

could you do some for me while you are at it? I need nice abs in 40 days...

Swimming with a bag...sounds brutal. (my scale is off also!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom