help im going to spain!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:eek: hey everyone, im a new diver and am on my way to spain this week. was hoping if anyone has dived in spain, or knows about it could give me some info.

im going to be in valencia, so preferbly something along the east coast.. but just send me any info you have! im only going to be able to afford to do an couple of dives so i really need to be selective and find the best spots.

if anyone can recommend dive centres out there that would be great too.

please please help me!!

x magicpixie x

hi there!

i`ve sent a pm in reply to the one you sent me.
sorry about the delay, you have my email in the pm, let me know if you are here in spain...

bye 4 now!

rusky

Magicpixie:
I see the date has long passed on this. How was your trip? Did you get some dives in?
:)

Hi Magicpixie,

I'm also curious to know how it was in Spain? Did you do any scuba diving there?

I'm thinking of going to the East Coast this summer... so I was wondering if you can recommend me any good places to go for scuba diving?

I look for a place near Alicante. If there's nothing close to Alicante, I'd prefer to go diving north of Alicante too as I may travel up the coast to Barcelona anyway.

Hope you're still around!

Thanks.

Watersprite

Hi,

Did a little weekend in up in Cape Creus, Northern Catalonya last weekend about 2 hours drive from El Prat airport. Arrived Friday night, dived Saturday & Sunday returned Monday.

Lets get the confession out of the way first - these days diving were the first time I had spent in water less than 28 degrees C

I had a terrific time, suprised me that the area actually has reefs with colorful gorgonians. A lot of Nudibranchs about great for macro phtography. and the topography is also very nice.

I dived with euro-divers.com All staff very helpful, I was the only native english speaking guest there but everyone staff and guests included made me feel very welcome.

The Medes islands are off shore, which are supposed to be some of the best diving in the Spain however Jan told me that the diving was very similar to Cala Joncols and that the national park fee was not worth paying. There are plenty of other DO's in Rosas if you want to stay in a "more lively" town rather than a remote resort.

I shall certainly go back, check it out if you're in the area.

Neil

Thanks for your feedback!

I plan to go to Spain in August so I hope the water has warmed up a little by then. Unfortunately I don't have any other options this year than diving in cold water so I guess I'll have to get used to it!

I'll check out that dive company you dived with. The diving sounds like fun there!

Watersprite

PS. do their prices include gear? it doesn't look bad at all.... cool!

I just booked a flight to Spain for 7/26-8/3. I will be staying with my friend lives outside of Alicante, and I do plan on diving near Denia, Javea, or whatever dive sites will have me.

I'll have to check out Eurodivers.com.

I cannot wait to sink my body into the Mediterranean. :D

Yo NeilStewart

You should really stay a bit longer in Rosas.

I've been there a couple of times. Dived with CIR. This is run by a Spanish guy (Paco Falco) and his son David. They only speak spanish and a bit of french. They've got some foreign guides so now and then.

Diving in Rosas is great. For a couple of bucks they take you to incredible sites. Only boat dives there, because the coast is to rough and rises steep from the water. Most fun :D is that it is not so crowded as Illes de Medes in Estartit. Sites in Rosas are a bit more demanding, since often the fun part of the dive start at 30 meters.

Hi everyone. I'm also heading to Spain mid july to mid august and I'm thinking about diving while I'm there. The only time I will be close to the water is when I'm in Almeria. Does anyone know if there's any diving by there or anywhere in the 3 hr radius from there? And if its any good? And the water temp? etc..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom