Apeks XTX owners... how are the long exhaust tee's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If there are any divers out there who have tried the new XTX 2nd stages with the large exhaust tee's, I'd be curious to hear how well they do in terms of clearing bubbles from your face. I currently use ATX200's and find the short exhaust tee's on the ATX's a bit annoying bubblewise (they're great performers othewise), especially as a photographer. Debating whether to try to get my hands on a XTX 2nd stage.

I don't own an XTX second stage but having examined a few, I really don't like the fact that they are made of hard plastic - I prefer the soft rubber exhaust tee of the TX series.

I own one, and use the long exhaust T. It does a good job getting the bubbles out and around your mask. Im not sure why they even include the smaller T since I dont know anyone who likes bubble in their face. The only benefit I can see from the smaller T is a more streamlined reg.

thanks for the feedback guys... shame they don't offer a long exhaust tee for the old ATX's...

I have an XTX50, I tried the short ones for a while just to see, but I didnt like it so I went back to the long T. That having been said, my $300 XS Scuba Tri-Metal does a much better job directing bubbles away from my face than the XTX or my AL Legend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom