Lake Pleasant UW Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great job!

Looks just like Pleasant. The bass shots were right on.

Check your PMs.

Thanks I have to figure out why it came out of the camera all grainy, i musta messed up a setting, but the viz wasn't great and there was alot of particles in the water that didn't show up on the video which was nice. I'll give it another go at Catalina next Saturday.

Oh mama bass and I are old friends now; I've chilled out with her and her kids on a few dives.

Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
Thanks I have to figure out why it came out of the camera all grainy, i musta messed up a setting, but the viz wasn't great and there was alot of particles in the water that didn't show up on the video which was nice. I'll give it another go at Catalina next Saturday.

Oh mama bass and I are old friends now; I've chilled out with her and her kids on a few dives.

Garrett

She's most likely a he.

Males prepare the bed. Females pair... sometimes with more than one male. After fertilization, the male hunkers down over the eggs and guards them to the point of obsession. The female assumes the perimeter... sometimes 8 to 10 feet. She guards from there but is not nearly as fanatic as the male. However, if something should happen to the male she will move in and take his place on the bed. After a few days... if the male is still on the bed, she will lose interest and leave. The fry hatch and stick together, looking like a cloud early on. After they get several inches in length they disband. Sometimes these schools are guarded by the male and often you can see daddy cruising the shallows with his youngins'.

Nice video, Garrett. Believe it or not, I can't wait to get to Pleasant on the 30th!

So Stephen, why do you know so much about bass?

Great job...thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom