What's Turn Pressure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnamite

Reaction score
Just got my VT Pro, it has a feature called Turn Pressure alarm. What exactly does this thing tell you? BTW, anyway I can increase the volume on the alarm?

Turn pressure is the pressure (in psi or bar) at which you choose to end your dive.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say it is the pressure at which you stop swimming away from the entry/exit point and begin your return to the entry/exit point? For example, start a dive from a moored boat with 3000psi, swim away from the boat until you reach, say 1800psi, then turn and start swimming back to the boat. (Yes, I know it's not the rule of thirds, but I'm assuming a simple, easy boat dive, and it's just an example.)

ahahah, no wonder my watch is flashing all the time, i set it at 2500.

ianr33:
Why would anybody trust a computer to tell them when to turn a dive on gas pressure?

What makes that use any different than using it for dictating the profile?

ianr33:
Why would anybody trust a computer to tell them when to turn a dive on gas pressure?

I have never once used the mod edit power to change anything anyone has posted in the Oceanic section. Turn it into a DIR thing on trusting a computer and I will.:D

I don't see myself using it as a way to plan my dive, I'll prolly use it as some type of warning system. If I'm diving deep 80'-90', I would like to ascent at around 1,000. This turn pressure thing can be useful.

Back
Top Bottom