How big is your crotch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlarbale

Contributor
Reaction score
strap :)
(couldn't resist that one).

Anyway, I was just wondering what people are using for crotch strap material and how wide the material is. I notice on several web pages that they say you can just use the left overs from the webbing used on the harness. However, the slot on the bottom of my BP is alot narrower than the webbing and the webbing that I used for my BP is quite stiff so it won't fit (I haven't been too forceful with this though so if others say it's possible I'll give it a go).

If people are using narrower material then where did they get it from and is anyone using the Dive Rite strap with the quick release ($$)?

Thanks in advance - Dave.

it's smaller, dunno exactly how much, about half? Softer too. Halcyon sells the crotch strap seperatly.

No Quick Release, no DR :)

Tom

Dave... same size... softer than weight belting... more like seat belting... folds easy if you have the small slot.... we have the full 2" slot on all our plates.

UP + Tom,

What about this method of doing it....

http://www.gasdiving.co.uk/pages/misc/kit/harness_2.htm

Would this be as secure as looping the webbing through the slot. They have 2 slots on the BP so why not use them - now I'm confused!

I think I'll try to get some softer webbing of standard width and rig it through the smaller slot that I have. At least that way I can use some standard weight belt retainers and D rings to make it up (or will the softer webbing slip??).

Later - Dave.

1.5 inch I think, not 2 inch.

Tom

OK I'll get some 1.5" soft webbing, the only question now is will standard weight belt retainers hold or should I bolt the thing in place like this....

http://www.wkpp.org/images/pina_equip/backplate_top_r.jpg

Perhaps the rear end bolted and the front held by a weight retainer, that way I can adjust it for different dive suits and the front retainer I can see and fix if a problem occurs.

Thanks for the help - Dave.

dlarbale once bubbled...
What about this method of doing it....

At least that way I can use some standard weight belt retainers and D rings to make it up (or will the softer webbing slip??).
Dave.... that will work... I have one done that way with the stiffer weight belting for a crotch strap... you need to be very manly to use the stiffer belting however.

The softer webbing is what Halcyon sells in their crotch strap kit and yes it will work fine with D-rings and keepers.

Tom is right, the slots are 1.5" and you could go after yours with a chain saw file and.... nah.... just fold the soft stuff. :D

I used leftovers from my harness kit I got from FredT. It wasn't a problem getting through the 2" slots on my BP. I had a little trouble getting it doubled through the keepers to make the loops, but I got it after a little fighting.

It's a little 'funny' when I'm on the surface, but once I get in the water I don't even notice it.

Yeah that's the ticket, besides they never let me have sharp utensils on day-release so I'm sure a chain saw would be out of the question!

I'll let you know how I get on (that's if the damn Classic Wing from Dive Rite ever turns up - Australia sucks for getting gear!).

Thanks once again - Dave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom