Zeagle Octo not purging?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

radio flyer

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any incidents worth noting about their Zeagle Octo's? My husband and I both are having some difficulty with our Octo+MKII's not purging--can't tell if it's a manufacturer or user problem (doh!).

Brand new (bought in May, less than 20 dives old); when we're at depth, it seems like we've got to be in the water column just right in order to get the thing to purge. A friend used my gear and had the same problem too. It's like there's a darn ghost wandering in the hose--sometimes it will purge, sometimes it won't.

Of course, it always purges perfectly when I take it to the LDS and ask them to take a look at it!

Any thoughts?:blinking:

rf,

It's common for the Octo+ to not purge water completely out if the unit is not tilted to the right somewhat, so as to allow water to flow down and out the exhaust valve.

If you don't tilt your head to the right at first, while purging it, the hose has a way of pulling from the left which up ends the exhaust valve. This will cause you to blow water up hill, and then it will come back down into your mouthpiece.

Every AIR I've tried has the same issue. But it's easy to overcome once aware.

Hope this helps.

Chad

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom