Boring Ontario Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman

Contributor
Reaction score
Another thread sparked this one:

I think we should start a list of boring dive sites to help others avoid the same. My criteria for that is absolutely nothing worth while to see (i.e. flat, silty bottom, few fish, weeds etc).

Also, feel free to contradict if you feel someones missed something at a certain spot that IS worthwhile.

My first one on the list is Crow Bay near campbelford. Thought it would be interesting to try a new site one day and learned otherwise. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SEE HERE. PLEASE MOVE ON. Wow, was it bad.

steve

Wetman,

How could you say that was boring?
We drove out in the middle of noware.
We found a pail and a stick,
It was dark (just like a night dive)
there were holes where the carp were digging in the muck.
Certain people made fun of other persons physical limitations.
Certain persons (un-named of course) got confused and figured if you had a sore knee, you were also deaf.

Well? then again maybe we did all that stuff because the dive was boring.

Ya, you're right it was boring.

Mike D
:blfish:

mddolson once bubbled...
Wetman,
Certain people made fun of other persons physical limitations.
Certain persons (un-named of course) got confused and figured if you had a sore knee, you were also deaf.

we (oops) they weren't only speaking loud, but also v... e... r... y... slow....

:)

i went on a dive out of Grimsby near hamilton, on a boat charter, and the boat captain too us to nowhere. The bottom of Lake Ontario is very very boring.

We did a rescue course, so it wasn't too bad, but i wouldn't go back again.

He said a ferry used to run out here somewhere so you might find some garbage thrown over the side. 'THAT' did not encourgage be to pay the $$$ for another charter out there.

Although having said that, the boat captain now does charters to a new wreck off of Port Dalhouise (St. Catharines) and it's a neat little wreck. They think it is the Henry Clay, still intack.

I will be diving it this weekend.

see ya

Jeff

I vote BIG BAY point as the worst dive site in Canada, but the dock is nice. God I wish some one would sink something there.

wetman once bubbled...
Big Bay Point - Barrie Or Michigan?

Barrie. Big Bay Point has a nice dock, yes. It is a boring dive site, and it is also far from any bars or resturants for after dives chats. Which is OK cause there was noting to talk about.

I came,
I saw,
I got bored.

Mike D

I see that folks have been running lines and puting junk down on Big Bay point to give it some life. I'm going to sink a boat there.

I saw 2 crawfish fighting there yesterday... Does that count as exciting?

Are they edible? I know people eat them down South... We could have our own season "bug" hunt. :lunch:

Back
Top Bottom