Outta Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warhammer

Reaction score
I'm headed to Hawaii for 10 days of relaxation and diving and diving and diving and some more diving. Hold down the fort and see ya when I return.

We had a suberb trip, best ever. We dove with Ed Robinson's and Extended Horizons on Maui, Jack's Diving Locker in Kona, and a couple of guys from Rodale's board on Oahu. All operations were top-notch and I'd reccommend them all. I'll post a full report as soon as my pictures are back and I've had time to recoperate. My camera, an Auto35, broke on the second day, so the pics are somewhat limited.

What a shame...
Was it the camera or housing that broke?
[the camera isn't a Nikon, so when we bought the bride's Auto35 the first thing I did was order a second camera from Ikelite]
Rick

It was the Superview camera that took out on me. I finished shooting a roll of film on one dive, then when I changed out the film during the surface interval, it wouldn't advance the new roll of film. All it will do is when the shutter button is pushed is light up the "red eye reduction" light. The flash doesn't work nor does the shutter open/click. I tried new batteries, another roll of film, and tried it out of the case. And it wasn't flooded. I talked to Ikelite yesterday and their going to fix it under warranty, so at least that's good.

I wasn't aware I could get another camera for it. Please do tell more.

They (Ikelite) sell the camera as a separate part.. your local shop should be able to order one for you. If they can't let me know and I'll see about going through my shop here, where I know they can order 'em 'cause that's where I got mine.
Rick

What kind of camera is it, Rick? Nikon? Another 28mm? And can you remember off the top of your head what it's worth? I'll get ask my dealer about it. I couldn't find any reference to it on Ikelite's website though. Thanks

It's the Superview just like the one that comes with the case.
Rick

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I was thinking you meant a different, as in better, camera from the Superview. But I guess you meant another Superview as a backup. That's not a bad idea, I check the price.

Welcome back! Although I know how hard it is to leave Hawaii!

Who did you dive with in Kona? I mean which DM's at Jack's?

Jeff, one of the owners, DM'ed for my group. Tawika, his son, was the captain. There were 2 other instructors/DMs from the shop onboard with us. I think one of their names was Wendy, but I'm not sure, the older I get the less I remember. And I must say they were a top-notch operation, my favorite during the trip and favorite of all I've dove with thus far. And I absolutely loved their boat. I will be back!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom