Econo-BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iAmLevis

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going from always-renting to buying stuff as funds become available (poor college student).

I was looking at the Beuchat Masterlift Evolution or Sport, mainly because (A) the price is right, and (B) they seem at least as good as rental stuff.

This will be my first-time purchase of this sort of equipment, so I don't want to get a $1200 H.U.B. rig quite yet :wink:

Most of my diving will be in cooler water (Boston area), with occasional trips to warmer climes.

Anyone have any experiences/opinions on these BC's?

Thanks alot!

A couple of questions.... How many dives do you have? and What is your price range?

Stay away from the HUB for*ever*.. get something back inflate and simple.

I've got 10 logged dives...

As far as price goes; I'd feel irresponsible at this time to spend $500 on a BC. There are other priorities that have to be met.

OK... so $500 is out.

How about $300? $400?

I have the Tusa Imprex Pro.. I love it, it was $325 new. You can head to eBay and get a Ranger or Escape for anywhere between $200 and $350. Sometimes you can pick up a Pioneer setup for a good price too.. I can't recommend them because I've never used them, but others on this board definitely will.

Who are FredT and Bob3 ?

:) Thanks for all the input, btw... This is much nicer than guessing and grasping at straws.

jonnythan once bubbled...
.. get something back inflate and simple.
Zeagle Scout: $210 brand new. For cold water, make sure you ask for the 35 lb bladder. Should work well for you until you graduate and can afford a nice b/p and wings, etc. Remove the chest strap (don't need it) and get a nice soft weight belt to go with it. Only down side is that the inflator hose is not short enough.

What is a b/p + wings? I've read a couple posts about them, but mostly just about how great they are... not really /what/ they are.

iAmLevis once bubbled...
What is a b/p + wings? I've read a couple posts about them, but mostly just about how great they are... not really /what/ they are.

can you be in Gloucester, MA this sat. around 11:30 am???? I'll show you a jacket bc (my old one), a zeagle concept II (back inflate...my wifes), and my bp/wing. I'll explain what I like or don't like about each....

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom