Blizzard,Titan XL Supreme and Dive-X...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olivier

Registered
Reaction score
Hi !

I'am actually shopping for a regulator. I dive mainly in cold water. I read on this forum about the Blizzard and the Titan LX supreme ; it was very helpful but I would like your opinion on wich of those 2 would do best. I can have both for aproximately the same price.

Also, I have seen some BCD and regulator from a compagnie called "Dive-X". Did anyone have heard about those ?

thank you !

Olivier

I'm not a big fan right now of Aqualung, but that's because of their corporate policies and not regulator performance, but if you're gonna get the Titan LX Supreeme, do it before the end of the month as they have the "free octo" deal on until July 31.

my vote is for the blizzard. ive had mine in 30 degree water, down to 150', drift diving and never had a problem. it breathes easy, not as easy as my scubapro but theres not much of a difference. the things are bulletproof. ive read things around the board about bad customer service experiences with sherwood but i havent had to deal with that so i cant say either way. oh yeah, and theyre cheap! i picked mine up online for $220 - cheap as far as regs go anyways. i dont have any experience with the aqualungs but i can tell you that youll be happy with the blizzard

I would look also at Apeks (sold by Aqua Lung). Great regs for warm or cold water.

Would not choose Blizzard. Rock solid reliability but delivers far less gas than other reliable regs of the same price. Breath a Blizzard along side an Apeks at 100 feet and you REALLY notice the difference.

My 0.02:

I've been diving a Blizzard in the Great Lakes/St. Lawrence for a few years and it's a great cold-water reg.

While it's not the greatest breather of them all it's quite rugged and is considered a workhorse. It can be serviced by anyone anywhere in the world.

Cheers.

-J.-

I dive the Sherwood Maximus, and the Blizzard and love both! Also my Fire Dept. dive team and two others in the area use only Blizzard regs. Sherwood's are very rugged and dependable easy to service and usually reasonably priced, depending on your LDS.

Hi !

Thank you all for your answers. I think both reg. would be very good. Are Aqualung regulators also easy to service ? I get a lifetime warenty (on parts) with the aqualug and a 2 years warenty with the Blizzard. That make me prefer the aqualung right now... Anyone have any other comment ?!

Thank's !

Olivier

I have been diving a Blizard for 20 years. It is easy breathing even at 140' and dependable under the ice. I have had a couple of problems with freeze up freeflows, but that is because I coughed water through it at depth when cold (38F).

johnny_bravo:
My 0.02:

I've been diving a Blizzard in the Great Lakes/St. Lawrence for a few years and it's a great cold-water reg.

While it's not the greatest breather of them all it's quite rugged and is considered a workhorse. It can be serviced by anyone anywhere in the world.

Cheers.

-J.-
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry just laughing about all the cold water diving your doing.
When you coming to town the water is 70-74 degrees.
You could leave that blizzard at home.
Come see your friends in SO CAL!!!!!!!

Hi,

Thank you again for all your advices, they are greatly appreciated. There is another thing that intrigues me. What is the “first stage environmental dry seal kit” that come with the Titan LX supreme ? Is this the same thing as the “environmental Kit option”. Is it equivalent to the “environmental dry sealing system” of the Apeks ? Is it really useful and should I consider it like a advantage (or a disadvantage) over the Blizzard ?

Thank you again,

Olivier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom