today was my Friday the 13th...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Did you ever have one of those days? I had it all planned out. I had been stuck at the care home I work at for 10 days straight, pretty much 24/7...got a touch of cabin fever...was looking forward to a day for me.

Well at 6 AM I got a call that I was needed at the care home so I had to go in to work, so much for a day for me....

I drive home and want to pull into our parking spot....put the car in P and pull the handbreak so I can get out to open the gate....I let go of the foot break and the car starts to roll backwards (We have brand new brakes)...I'm in park, the break is pulled - Why am I still rolling??? I try to get out of P and it won't budge.

Try as I might, nothing. I think if I turn off the engine maybe it'll work again. I turn the key - The dash lights up like a christmas tree, but nothing...no starter click...nothing.. I run to get help. Luckily Roger was home and he tried his luck, nothing. We wind up pushing the car in.

So we go back to the appartment and I notice that the electricity was out. I asked the neighbors and they said it had been out for about 30 minutes....I hear some talking and see some of the other tennats standing in front of the building waiting for the electric company to show up....while we were there our direct neighbor brings out a bottle of bubble-ie and orange juice and we celebrate meeting each other - Who knows their neighbor in a concrete jungle???

The electric guy shows up and wah-la we have juice again.

Roger and I were catching up on our mail when it went *BANG*!!! and the lights go out again....I exit the building and smell electrical burn...and the front of the building looks smokey.

There is an UG transformer in front of our building...it was smoking and the sidewalk is schorched. The guys across the street said that "sparks shot out and the lid blew open and shut again. What a show."

So there we are now, not only was our building without electricity, but pretty much the whole block was out. Several of the tenants were standing around and the building manager call the E companies emergency #.....they put him on hold. :shakehead

Roger hadn't had dinner so we walked across the street to grab a bite to eat. I saw an E-truck so I went over and told the guy...when we returned we found our lights were on....let's hope they stay on :(

ROFL!!!!

Any pics? Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, electricity problems everywhere, sounds like you had a UFO encounter.

Camera? Heck it was pitch black in the appartment and I'm packing for our trip...couldn't even find my shoes or a flashlight!

justleesa:
Camera? Heck it was pitch black in the appartment and I'm packing for our trip...couldn't even find my shoes or a flashlight!
That's no excuse, you're a professional!:lol:

My Grandparents are celebrating their 70th anniversary....all the grandchildren are flying to Chicago.

justleesa:
My Grandparents are celebrating their 70th anniversary....all the grandchildren are flying to Chicago.

Wow, that's so awesome! I love hearing about these couples that are celebrating anniversaries of such longevity.

How hot is it in Chicago right now?

Back
Top Bottom