Pulled the trigger....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike126

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I ordered my Legend ACD today. The shop was out so they put an order in. The saleman called me after I placed the order and the owner offered to upgrade me to the Apeks ATX50 for the same price as the Legend. Normally for them it's $50 more. After looking through the specs etc. I decided to stay with the Legend. I'm a recreational diver and a novice at that so I felt that adding more bells and whistles (flow adjustment) that comes with the ATX was just too much for me. In my old reg I never felt a need to adjust the flow once it was serviced. Hopefully I made the rigth decision.

I did offer to let them reduce the price of the Legend so they would not feel bad! :D Sadly they did not feel that bad.

So now I need to go buy the LOML a really nice back to school gift. She's going back for a masters in school counseling in a month so that we can take real vacations with the kids!

Thanks for everyone's help on this. When you see the poser in the water with the high end regulator and floundering, that will probably be me! :D

Mike

Too bad you had to "settle" for the Legend. I have two Legend LX. It will probably only be able to last you, maybe......the rest of your diving life.

You made a great choice and will be more than happy.

Out of my own curiousity, and because I dont know any better (but I'm trying to learn) What made you go with the Legend versus, say, a Titan?

Aric - For me it was a combination of feedback from the board and talking with some friends and the LDS. The Titan LX vs Legend is about $125 difference. The Legend octo is around $180 vs $120 for the Titan's. The first stage is sealed and has one extra port, plus it is slightly larger for more air. All of this seem to make it a better deal.

Granted it is way more than I need. But I'd rather spend a few extra up front than wished I had later.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom