DIR (Doing it Right) Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serrada:
Which regulator do you guys use for this setup?

What length hose do you use (5’ or 7&#8217:wink:? Do you rout a 5’ hose differently than a 7’ hose?

For those of you interested in the DIR Equipment Configuration see: http://www.gue.com/Equipment/Config/index.html

You might get a better reponse if you post this in the DIR forum instead

EDIT - Sorry, my post got cut off (at work and the boss walked in - hahah).
Anyway, The majority of DIR divers seem to use APEX and SCUBAPRO, but that doesn't mean you can't use a different brand. I use the 7' only, not the 5', and yes the hose routing is a little different between the 5 and 7 footers.

Jasonmh:
You might get a better reponse if you post this in the DIR forum instead
Indeed! Please do! DIR discussions do not belong outside the DIR world, heavens forbid we, non-DIR divers might be able to offer some insight as well and then get creamed for it afterwards.

If you are DIR, go there and post in that alternate reality. :D

I use a 7' and my reg is a Poseidon Deep 90 works like a charm.

I didn't know there was a DIR brand? :D I'm not DIR, but I have a copy of "Dress for Success" which will tell you anything you need to know about both doubles and single reg configuration.

I saw SP's and Apeks in the link.

well, I thought I had the config, but was told the custom mouthpeice disqualifies it. So...if your goal is to be as compliant as possible...have the generic mouthpeice so you don't gag your buddy.

catherine96821:
well, I thought I had the config, but was told the custom mouthpeice disqualifies it.

That should be the least of your worries. :D

apeks DS4s tend to get warpage on the diaphram and start to dribble. i'm going to be experimenting with some atomics z2s soon to see how they work...

lamont:
apeks DS4s tend to get warpage on the diaphram and start to dribble.

You mean freeflow a bit? I had a Mares which did that. My buddy just got 2 DS4s. I have 1 ATX 200 and 1 Zeagle Flathead. That's probably not DIR to have mismatched regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom