AXT50 or XTX50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jibjab

Contributor
Reaction score
i've read a couple of threads on the topic but i'm wondering, i've got a great deal on a scuba package but the shop is out of the xtx, he has some atx50's though. i don't need the gear for three weeks so i can either wait for him to get more xtx's or just take an atx now. i know the xtx allows you to switch sides, not sure if this is a feature i'll ever use/need, the shop owner said there was something else that was different, some piece that could be broken easier on an xtx than an atx but i didn't write it down.. what do you guys reccomend?

I got the ATX 50 myself and just flat out love the reg. Easy, tough, and well balanced. The XTX series comes with the extra exhaust kit and of course if you want to change the hose from L to R or R to L. That's all. The exhaust tee is user's choice of either wide or narrow. Basically they copied Sherwood on the exhaust tee options. Performance I would say the same as the ATX 50. GREAT!!

I on the other hand just got the XTX 50. Everthing that Triton says is true and I believe those differences are the only differences besides the looks. (XTX has a new look) I took advantage of being able to change to the smaller exhaust ports and can personally attest to the fact that the XTX 50 also breathes GREAT!

PLUS,... buy before the end of the month and get a FREE Egress octo with either reg! Did I say FREE? That's a balanced octo for FREE! Didn't have to tell me twice!

Good Luck.

~Steve~

triton013:
I got the ATX 50 myself and just flat out love the reg. Easy, tough, and well balanced. The XTX series comes with the extra exhaust kit and of course if you want to change the hose from L to R or R to L. That's all. The exhaust tee is user's choice of either wide or narrow. Basically they copied Sherwood on the exhaust tee options. Performance I would say the same as the ATX 50. GREAT!!

im pretty new at this, what does an extra exhaust kit give you? is that the choice of 'exhuast tee'? if so, what does the atx come with, narrow or wide? this may the piece the guy was telling me about, that its easier to break on the xtx vs the atx. oh and would the average person ever find themselves wanting/needing to switch the hose direction? thanks

i will get the free egress regardless of whether i take the atx now or order the xtx now and wait for it to come in.

jibjab:
im pretty new at this, what does an extra exhaust kit give you? is that the choice of 'exhuast tee'? if so, what does the atx come with, narrow or wide? this may the piece the guy was telling me about, that its easier to break on the xtx vs the atx. oh and would the average person ever find themselves wanting/needing to switch the hose direction? thanks

ATX second stages are fitted with a very narrow "exhaust tee." With the XTX, you can fit a hard plastic wide or narrow "tee" to suit your need. I actually prefer the soft wide exhaust tee on the TX series...

I really doubt an "average person" would "need" to switch the hose direction but I guess s/he may "want" to?

Vie:
ATX second stages are fitted with a very narrow "exhaust tee." With the XTX, you can fit a hard plastic wide or narrow "tee" to suit your need. I actually prefer the soft wide exhaust tee on the TX series...

I really doubt an "average person" would "need" to switch the hose direction but I guess s/he may "want" to?

so the atx has a hard plastic tee?

cool thanks guys, i'll probably wait for the xtx.

jibjab:
i've read a couple of threads on the topic but i'm wondering, i've got a great deal on a scuba package but the shop is out of the xtx, he has some atx50's though. i don't need the gear for three weeks so i can either wait for him to get more xtx's or just take an atx now. i know the xtx allows you to switch sides, not sure if this is a feature i'll ever use/need, the shop owner said there was something else that was different, some piece that could be broken easier on an xtx than an atx but i didn't write it down.. what do you guys reccomend?

have them both. they breath the same, both excellent regs. the xtx has a couple new features, notches in the venturi and an extra vent which I don't use

if you can't wait, no harm done

Back
Top Bottom