Introducing the Veo 100 Nx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ***

OCEANIC INTRODUCES THE VEO 100 Nx DIVE COMPUTER

LATEST GENERATION OF POPULAR DIVE COMPUTER NOW INCLUDES NITROX COMPATIBILITY

San Leandro, CA July 21, 2006 – Those looking for a full-featured entry level Air or Nitrox Dive Computer will love Oceanic’s new Veo 100 Nx, announced today. The Veo 100 Nx is the next generation of the popular Veo 100. "The Veo 100 has been extremely successful as an entry level, back-up or rental computer due to competitive pricing, ease of use and reliability." said Doug Krause, Marketing Manager for Oceanic Worldwide. "The addition of Nitrox with the launch of the Nx will no doubt further strengthen our dominant market share in this category.”

Key features of the new Veo 100 Nx include:
· Air and Nitrox Operating Modes
· Easy to learn and use
· Customize the information displayed during a dive with a press of a button
· "Hockey Puck" module is the same size as most depth gauges for easy and inexpensive console upgrades
· Water activation
· Reset feature for rental/charter applications
· Diver-replaceable battery with Hot Swap memory allows battery change between dives
· Automatic Safety Stop Prompt
· 12 Dive Log Book

In addition, the Veo 100 Nx offers several user settings and options including Nitrox 21– 50%, Maximum PO2 (1.2 – 1.6), FO2 50% Default (ON / OFF), Water Activation (ON / OFF), Units of Measure (Imperial / Metric), Hour Format (12 / 24), and Time of Day.

The Veo 100 Nx Dive Computer has an MSRP of US$289.95 (module), US$299.95 (wrist), US$389.95 (Combo – 2 Gauge Console), or US$439.95 (NavCon – 3 Gauge Console) and is available from Oceanic’s network of Authorized Dealers throughout the world. More information may be found at: www.OceanicWorldwide.com/p_computers_veo100nx.html

About Oceanic
Oceanic is a California-based company and one of the largest dive equipment-manufacturing corporations in the world. Its high performance instruments, regulators, buoyancy compensators, masks, fins, snorkels, thermal wear, and accessories are sold by more than 600 U.S. dive retailers, and worldwide through more than 30 independent distributors and Oceanic affiliate companies in Australia, Singapore, Japan, England, Germany, and Italy.

For more information visit: www.OceanicWorldwide.com

####

wats the difference b/t it and the 200/250?
lack altitude-diving mode?
lack second button? etc

now I understand! on your website the computer comparison:
http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/pdf/compare_computers.pdf
shows a veo100nx but there is no web page for the veo100nx just the 100.

never mind if you are looking at the veo250 or 180 the menu on the side shows the veo 100. The 100nx appears only when you click on computers.

when is it going to be in stores?

Will there be any special offers for existing VEO100 owners to upgrade?

TheTrickster:
Will there be any special offers for existing VEO100 owners to upgrade?

Our standard upgrade program applies where you would save 20% on an upgrade.

Best,

Chris

stevenq99:
when is it going to be in stores?

Today for those dealers that ordered them early. If not any dealer can get one shipped out to them now.

I like my Oceanic computers, but it amazes me how Oceanic seems be to trying to emulate Microsoft and Apple with their constant product changing. It's very frustrating.

cerich:
Today for those dealers that ordered them early. If not any dealer can get one shipped out to them now.

thanks Chris I may just be one of the first owners. It looks perfect for people like my wife that wants something simple and nothing beeping at her.

Steven

trigfunctions:
I like my Oceanic computers, but it amazes me how Oceanic seems be to trying to emulate Microsoft and Apple with their constant product changing. It's very frustrating.

One of the major differences in us is that we actually design and make our product(with very few exceptions, mostly soft goods) As a result you'll see new products or features much more often from us.

If you look at some of what we are doing here on Scubaboard as far as being VERY open to comments (good and bad), you'll see that we have every intention of improving any product. It doesn't mean the old product isn't good, it just means we have identified areas that can be improved, if we see it we do it. It's actually a pretty expensive way for us to operate.

Best,

Chris

stevenq99:
thanks Chris I may just be one of the first owners. It looks perfect for people like my wife that wants something simple and nothing beeping at her.

Steven

You sure are! After you and your wife get some dives on it we'd love to hear your thoughts!

Enjoy the NX and thanks for your trust in us.

Best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom