Question about XTX50 reg...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ Tudor

Registered
Reaction score
I bought an XTX50 reg a couple of weeks ago and first tried it in the water on Wednesday of last week. When I was packing my gear up I took the reg off the tank and was about to put the dust cap on when I noticed that there was a bit of debris stuck between the side if the first stage, and the part that covers the entrance (I can import a diagram if that's not clear) to the first stage. I want to know if it's necessary to take it back to the shop to have it removed, or if I can do it with a pair of pin nose tweezers. I've not been diving long so I'm not 100% confident jumping in there right away. Cheers.

If it is something sitting on the screen or filter leading to the first stage, removing it yourself is ok.

But is also makes you wonder what else may have gotten through and it makes you wonder what may be in the tank itself.

Well luckily it wasn't actually my tank so I'm not too worried about that, it also looks like it might by a bit of rubber (From say, a dust cap). I've looked at the cap and I can't see any chips on on it so it might be something from the tank.

One more question, (I think I can get it out by the way) what would happen if a bit of dust got through into the first stage? I know it's a trip to the LDS if it was water but what about dust?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom