Bluewater 07-22-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKicker

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Dove Bluewater Saturday. We had a good time. Not much to report, we just worked on weighting and trim and such. Did get a chance to go down to the sailboat. It was a little chilly down there and vis wasnt very good. Dropped about 10 lbs off my weight. I was really heavy during OW I guess. Down to 8 lbs now and hope to shed a few more in the near future. Looking forward to more dives to come and improving on my skills.

Good job! Not sure about in freshwater yet, but I went to the Gulf a few weekends ago and I ended up dropping about 4 more lbs, compared to when I get my OW dives at Blue Water. I'm not perfect with it yet, but I'm interested in seeing what I am like at Blue Water now.

What was the tempature by the sell boat? I'll be getting a long suit soon, maybe a 3/4. Not sure yet.

Thanks for the update.

Michael

I dove a 3mm and was a little chilled. Temp at sail boat was probably around 65-70 I would guess. Would have been comfortably with gloves and hood I'm sure. Vis was really poor down there and couldn't see much.

Temp was 59 degrees at 71 ft (the sand at the back of the sailboat) last weekend.

jeepbrew:
Temp was 59 degrees at 71 ft (the sand at the back of the sailboat) last weekend.

I'm not sure of the temp at 70'.I dont have a temp guage yet so I was only guessing, I knew it was cool down there.

Ahh, thanks. I might go up to DSS today and get my long suite.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom