Sherwood reg ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkskins

Registered
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a Sherwood set with computer, secondhand. On a test/pool dive my buddy noticed an air leak on the first stage. The leak is coming from a rubber plug next to the primary second stage hose. I would like to know, for my own curiosity, why there is a rubber plug on this regulator, while the others I own do not have any other than steel plugs. I will have this reg serviced by a good tach in Houston that my friend uses

the reg is fine. the air "leaking" is part of their dry bleed system that keeps water from entering the first stage and keeps the reg free of contaminants and freezing. the air that escapes adds up to less than a breath or two over the course of a dive.

Good . I'll need to replace that plug it tore on removal . Will water hurt that section of the reg? Thanks

lol. yeah that "plug" isn't supposed to come out. it's not a typical port like where the metal plugs are inserted. i think you'll need to take the reg in and have it serviced again.

Will do Can use back ups on next dives. When will that be toooo long for sure. But might try some spearfishing aroun Corpus later this summer. On the right day you can see the end of the spear. LOL

Back
Top Bottom