Oceanic Atom Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enderjs

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I read that the Atom had some problems when it first came out with battery draining and flooding. But I heard that this was fixed with the newer models. Is this true? just wondering before I purchased one, it sounds like an awesome computer. Thanks.

There have been improvments in the areas you mention. You may also want to know that next month we should be shipping the new ATOM 2.0 provided it does well in our new and intensive validation process.

I would love to get the Atom 2.0. But the 1.0 is perfectly in my price range and I imagine that the 2.0 is going to be quite a bit more. Thanks for the quick response.

visibilityunlimited:
You are correct in stating that the Atom 2.0 is going to be a higher price than the 1.0. If you choose to purchase the Atom 1.0 please make sure that you purchase it through an Oceanic Authorized Dealer and if you have a problem, they will make it right.
I am very happy to see you on here! I am so pleased with my VT3 that I purchased through you guys. That was some fast shipping!

Mannie071:
I am very happy to see you on here! I am so pleased with my VT3 that I purchased through you guys. That was some fast shipping!

Yep Me too, very pleased with the service I've got / getting from Cathy at Visibility Unlimited! (although not for a VT3 may I add)

AHA! I found you guys!! So this is where you spend your surface intervals! Roy told me I had a fan club on this thread... so I came to check it out! I am honored.. :wink:

Mannie, have you dove the VT3 yet? Please email me and let me know how you like it. Rich, I am going to email you tonight...

Cathy

yes, scubatoys is an authorized oceanic dealer. If you go to there site you will see oceanics authorized dealer web graphic on there website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom