screw on tank band vs. velcro/lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birdwrasse

Contributor
Reaction score
has anyone seen those tank holders that screw down...? does anyone use it? is it good? better? worse?

thanks for the feedback!

--carlos

thanks! i didn't know what it was called... let me check out the thread...

--c

yeah.... as another said, expensive solution to a non-existant problem... going to keep what i've got.

thanks again,

--c

stunaep:
yeah.... as another said, expensive solution to a non-existant problem... going to keep what i've got.

thanks again,

--c

Double tank straps is what I like, never have a problem if that is an option on the BC you have?

it could be... i didn't look at the back... the one works well, as it is a new bc... i might buy a metal buckle, though...

--c

I had a Bio-Lock strap on a previous BC. I originally got it because I didn't have enough room to flatten the standard strap length down properly to the velcro when mounting a couple of strap-mount trim bags. The Bio-Lock took very little space and resolved this problem quite nicely. I was also intrigued by the engineering of it, I'll admit.

I've since replaced my BC with something more technical, that has a double strap - which in the end is the best choice. However, I won't knock the Bio-Lock. It's well designed - though I will concur that it is perhaps a bit on the expensive side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom