nitek He being phased out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
given the new low prices on the He, some divers are saying that the He's will be phased out soon for some other computer

any truth to this?

if so, any details on the new computer?

I heard the same rumor at my LDS. The "sale" price sure has worked out well for me though!

Dive Rite will be releasing a computer that is rebreather (constant PO2) capable. Makes sense now that Dive Rite sells a rebreather. No word on release date.

I heard the same as Hoyden.

Dive Rite strives to stay in the forefront of diving technology -- we are always working on something (I heard the same as Hoyden too).

to steal cerich's note: "Please keep in mind that actual product development is a closely guarded process in a competitive marketplace" (there are currently no details to release, sorry!)

Jordan:
Dive Rite strives to stay in the forefront of diving technology -- we are always working on something (I heard the same as Hoyden too).

to steal cerich's note: "Please keep in mind that actual product development is a closely guarded process in a competitive marketplace" (there are currently no details to release, sorry!)

So you guys are 'clearing' the shelves so to speak...

ok, ok... being coy, are we?

:wink:

Jordan:

Even if you are working on a new computer, I don't see a need to drop the He. It looks like a great computer at a good (GREAT right now) price. The number of gasses it can switch makes it very deco friendly. I want to buy one, but I have some other financial obligations at the moment. Hopefully they are still available in a few months when I can by one.

FD

fire_diver:
Even if you are working on a new computer, I don't see a need to drop the He. It looks like a great computer at a good (GREAT right now) price. The number of gasses it can switch makes it very deco friendly. I want to buy one, but I have some other financial obligations at the moment. Hopefully they are still available in a few months when I can by one.

FD

FD,,,I bet you not have a problem finding one....the earliest they would release a new unit is the fall DEMA show,,,,then it may not be avlb. for months,,,,I think the He will be around on the shelves for a bit.

I'm not so sure. I heard they've stopped production on them. What's left is what's left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom