My boots are starting to STINK!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anybody got any tips on drying out booties? I've just been leaving them in the back of the truck to dry (trying to leave them as opened up as possible) but it's taking them 2 days or more to dry out and they are starting to develop a lovely smell. Help!

I wash/rinse them with dishsoap once and a while and it has gotten rid of any funky smell so far. I hang my boots upside down in my basement and haven't had any problems.

Don't leave them in the back of your truck. GA is humid and the water in the air won't let them dry and thats why they stink. Find a cool dry place for storage.

Do a search for "booties +stink".
There are several past threads with lots of ideas.

Joe

I soak my wet suit, boots and gloves in the bath tub with a half ounce of Sink The Stink for 10 minutes then hang them to dry in the bathroom and it makes everything smell like brand new.

Wys.

mild soap, sun to kill bacteria, Blow dryer for a kick start on the drying.... and just flat out buying new ones every so often! Choose a bootie with less hard rubber and more neoprene for a faster dry.

Has anybody tried Fabreeze products on neoprene? (Just wondering if it would work).

thanks for the replies guys. I'm headed up to the dive shop to grab some "sink the stink" and see how it works.

Odo-ban... sam's club... soak for an hour or so... remove from soak... do not rinse... drain and let drip dry for an hour or two... or put through spin cycle in the washing machine... stuff with newspaper... let set for couple hours... remove newspaper... stuff with newspaper again... remove newspaper... stuff with newspaper for 3rd and final time... let set for a couple days...

Another thought might be to stop peeing in your wetsuit.:D
just a thought!:huh:

Back
Top Bottom