New Bahamas Cave Website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuckactor

Registered
Reaction score
A group of us just put out our first website documenting some of the cave exploration we have been doing in the Bahamas over the last 10+ years. We just posted the site so it's a work in progress. We are primarily focused on the areas around eastern Grand Bahama. Our team has been out there exploring many of the sites that Rob Palmer did back in his 83 and 84 expeditions. We have activelty been working to explore and survey many of the existing sites as well as discovering new sites. Just last month we dove and mapped two new caves in the area. Figured there might be some interest out there. We are also looking to talk to others that may have dove the holes in the area of Sweetings Cay and may have any old map or survey information.

www.teamkarst.org

Chuck

do you know Brad Pecel? He and I were divemasters together on Andros back in the 80s, he did a lot of work in the blue holes there.

Tom

I hadn't heard of him before. I was just looking through Palmer's book on Andros and saw Brad's name in the credits. We are head out there next weekend and look foward to some great diving. We have a bunch of new leads on some new caves to check out. We will probably only be out there for a few days so we are diving in two teams to cover the Sweetings area and an area to the south of there. Should be some great diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom