Thursday 27th July, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hi guys - i seem to be having a few weeks of smallish losses but im grateful for that!

lost 0.85kgs or 1.87lbs - total loss 23.9kgs or 52.7lbs!!

in the meantime, because its been raining here i bought a Cardio-Walkout DVD and OMG, its only 40min long but it had me sweating and in pain last night!

the chick in the dvd is saying "lets turn it up to a 5 or 6" and im thinking honey, im already at a 8!

im so uncordinated that last night i nearly took myself out with a high knee kick and twist... hubby did his best not to laugh out loud.

so roll call time - hows everyone doing??? tell us the good and the not so good and how you are feeling!

Almity, good to hear, and I'm sticking with the small weight loss also. Only a pound this week, but I an down to 218! The weather is crappy here also, and the dives were cancelled last night so I went to the gym and ran for 2.5 miles on the treadmill.

I'm almost to the point where I will start to maintain rather than lose. I have been told that I need some new clothes soon...

:D Hello everyone!

If you don't mind, I would like to join your little group here. I started diving last September and really love it. At that time I weighed 228 lbs. which is the heaviest I have been in my life of 37 years. Today I am 202 lbs. and would like to lose another 50 lbs. I have wanted to join some of the scubaboard dive trips but have been too embarassed because of my weight. Scuba divers are a great bunch of people and I don't want my weight to keep me from enjoying the lifestyle. I think combining my weight loss efforts with my love of diving would be a wonderful way to keep motivated. I look forward to getting to know all of you and keep up the good work.

:sprite10: Deana

woohoooo Colby...... gotta love a shopping trip for new clothes (even the guys)!! excellent work on the jogging for 2.5miles!! im one of those people that CAN NOT run.... i just cant co-ordinated the feet, legs and arms to work together so well done on getting into it!!!

and WELCOME FL!! wow - you have already done amazing work in losing over 25lbs!! amazing work and you should have so much more energy these days. i took myself out of the water a year ago because im so overweight (i was worried about being a danger to myself and others) but even then i only ever found fellow divers friendly so please dont let body image hold you back so JOIN THOSE TRIPS and meet some of the wonderful people here on SB!! most divers are always so welcoming and gracious with their time. my story? this year is MY YEAR and Nov 1st im going to get back into my wetsuit so im glad you are joining us for our fitness journey!

Where is Scuba-Jenny??? the birthday girl is out having too much fun diving i hear so im sure she'll be back soon and KW, i bet he buring off the calories moving house in that seattle heatwave!

sooo woohoooo and onwards and downwards to nextweek everyone!!

I'm here! I'm Here!
Although despite running over a mile a day during the week, diving, gardening, cleaning, I am maintaining my weight, not losing. This is so frustrating! Losing inches, not pounds. So, I have decided I need to go to drastic measures again. I really don't want to stay at this weight, want to drop 30lbs.
Oh, and I need to buy plane tickets to my parents for their 50th next month. They (and my siblings) do not know I have been losing weight, although they know I am eating better. :)

glad you make it here Jenny!

woohooo - family get togethers and sucessful weight loss are such a GREAT THING so get those tickets!!! congrats to mum and dad for 50years!! wow - thats special!

dont forget you might be burning fat into muscle right now so dont be too hard on yourself! you are loosing inches and dress sizes so you are being sucessful every day so just keep having good days and they all add up to change!

Thanks for the welcome Almity. You're definitely right about loving the family get togethers. I have a wedding coming up in September and plan to have lost even more by then. The last time anyone saw me I was over 220. I can't wait to buy a new dress at least one or two sizes smaller. :blinking:

Cool Beans FL DvLover! It feels so good to go to the store and buying a smaller size!!

i havent bought any new clothes yet BUT i have been able to wear some of the things i have had hanging in my wardrobe for ages unworn... and that feels pretty darn great!

i have the FrogDive Christmas Ball Dec 2nd and im aiming to have a spiffy new gown for the occasion!

Go for it Almity. You must be looking good already! Imagine how much hotter you will be at Christmas!!

Back
Top Bottom