Primary 2nd stage hose...too long?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My 2nd stage hose on all my scubapro's and my Dacor Viper's seem too long to me. They always want to push my 2nd stage regulator out of my mouth to the left. I tried one of the 360deg swivels but then I seemed I had to "do something" with the excess hose. The hose would have to be pointed up or out or something.

These hoses are all standard lenght that came with the regulators. What are the standard lengths?

If they are a standard length then if someone would tell me the length then I could just order one that is about 2 inches shorter or something.

Thanks

Jeremy

Thanks WhiteSquare,
I have a "long hose" setup. But this is for my OW rec. diving setup. I would order from TDL but I don't know what the best length of hose would be.

Cheers,
Jeremy

JKSteger:
Thanks WhiteSquare,
I have a "long hose" setup. But this is for my OW rec. diving setup. I would order from TDL but I don't know what the best length of hose would be.

Cheers,
Jeremy

How about a 5 ft hose? (150 cm). It should be perfect for most rigs/vests without a light cannister on your hip = aka "recreational diving".

That's what I am using, 5ft for a rec. diving & 7ft for a tech diving.

I'd just measure the offending hose for lenght and then order one that is 2" shorter.

Although I'll also suggest a 5' hose is a very good way to go with a recreational setup, and a 60 degree elbow or 360 swivel makes it even more comfortable and streamlined.

Back
Top Bottom