Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa's website:
Dive Flag & Float Most boaters don't pay attention to it or know what it is, but it's safer than not having one! It may be some law or regulation as well, but I couldn't find any documentation.

For what it's worth, the Boater's Guide of Arizona put out by the state says divers or snorkelers must display a "diver down flag" which marks the area they will diving. It must be used when anyone will be under the surface.

Vessels are to keep a prudent distance, suggested is 100 yards.

In case you want to add the info to your site...

booth22:
For what it's worth, the Boater's Guide of Arizona put out by the state says divers or snorkelers must display a "diver down flag" which marks the area they will diving. It must be used when anyone will be under the surface.

Vessels are to keep a prudent distance, suggested is 100 yards.

In case you want to add the info to your site...
Thanks booth good info, I'll add it...

You can also check out my website [http://www.southwestscuba.com]SouthwestScuba[/url]. Some photos on the home page, then some more under Lake Pleasant, which is on the Dive Sites link.

Thanks for all the great pictures. Is this a site worth visiting? I have family in North Scottsdale and though it would be cool to catch a dive while visiting. I dont consider myself somebody too good to dive a site (like some tropical divers)... as long as there is something too see. Any other lakes worth a look?

If you have the time, conditions can be pretty decent. In all honesty, it's not something I would necessarily cancel another event for, though. There can be a lot of fish around (like we all had during our May get-together), or there could be 1 or 2. It's not predictable enough to know. As for otheer lakes, not much in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. Most of those lakes have gotten poor lately as far as vis is concerned. Lake Mohave is definitely a lake you want to check out if you're in the Laughlin area. Lake Mead, from shore, can be hit or miss if you're in the Vegas area. Let us know when you're out this way and we'll meet you for a dive if we're in town.

Dive-aholic:
If you have the time, conditions can be pretty decent. In all honesty, it's not something I would necessarily cancel another event for, though. There can be a lot of fish around (like we all had during our May get-together), or there could be 1 or 2. It's not predictable enough to know. As for otheer lakes, not much in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. Most of those lakes have gotten poor lately as far as vis is concerned. Lake Mohave is definitely a lake you want to check out if you're in the Laughlin area. Lake Mead, from shore, can be hit or miss if you're in the Vegas area. Let us know when you're out this way and we'll meet you for a dive if we're in town.

Thanks! Will do! Is there a season that you experience good visibility? I'll plan my trip for then!

It fluctuates. I've seen less than 5 ft only once. That was during a storm. It usually runs anywhere from 5-20 ft. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern to it.

Back
Top Bottom