drysuit seal repair/replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Am wondering if anyone here knows of someone or a shop in the PHX area who repairs/replaces Pinnacle drysuit wrist and neck seals. I've written Pinnacle and have a quote on the costs of the repairs (which are reasonable), but if I can avoid sending my heavy and expensive drysuit through the mails, I'd prefer that. Given the cost of drysuits, I'm looking for someone or a shop that has some experience in working with seals. Also, when I purchased my drysuit in MN (yes, Lake Superior DOES get down to 38 degrees in the middle of summer!!), I had drysuit glove rings put on the wrist seals and I can't get them off. Now that I'll probably not be diving those cold waters again (and will use heavy wetsuit gloves for CA diving), I want to remove the poorly installed rings (they weren't centered well, so when I use wet suit gloves, the wrist seals leak.) After a lot of struggling to take off the rings (they're not glued), I've given up.... Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Bill

Bill, there's no shop in Arizona (that I'm aware of) that does any kind of dry suit repair in house. However, I've been working on dry suits for a couple years now. I've done a few seal replacements in that time. What kind of seals do you have - latex or neoprene? Are you planning on being at Lake Pleasant on Sunday for the get-together? I'm at Lake Pleasant at least once a month. If you don't need your suit in August, I can take it Sunday and get it back to you the last weekend of August. Or if you're in the Tucson area, I can get it back to you sooner. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom