Scuba tank fill pressure ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BerSerK

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not a diver but I'm here because I'm pretty sure that the people here will be able to answer my question. I own a 80cf/3000psi aluminum tank and use it only to fill my smaller paintball marker tank. I bought the tank brand new from a certified diver who also teach diving class so I trust the guy a lot.

When I go see him for refills he usually fill my tank between 3200 and 3400psi, should I worry about this ? For my paintball use it's pretty handy having a higher pressure fill but should I keep doing it ?

What is your opinions, suggestions on this ?

Thanks a lot! :wink:

Generally that is normal practice, the tank will cool off after filling and the pressure will usually be right around 3000psi. What sucks is when you pay for a fill, they fill the tank fast to just 3000, so by the time you go to dive you may only have 2800 or less.

thanks, keep the opinions coming. :wink:

I wouldn't worry about it. That's pretty standard. Usually 3200 at most shops. Just as long as he fills it nice and slow.

That's pretty much the norm. Do know you will have to get the tank visual inspected every year and hydroed every 5 yrs.

yes I know about the visual and hydro.

thanks for the replies. :wink:

Yeah I should have bought a tank like that but price was an issue so I got the 80/3000. I get enough good fills to go through my paintball day.

If I end up buying another tank I will definitely look for a higher pressure one.

If your not certified for diving, how are you getting air fills? Are you a certified paint baller?

There is a paintball "loophole". Remember that the sale of air is simply industy self regulation, not a law. (at least in general in the US)

Some shops will require signing a waiver that the air will not be used as breathing gas.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom