question about my new reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
on my new zeagle reg (from scubatoys)...... the dealer prep list that was in the box, hadn't been initialled by anyone, does that mean scubatoys did not do numbers 1, 2 3 on the list (intermediate pressure check, second stage freeflow adjustment, and in water air leak test)? do i have to take it to a dive shop and have this done? or would zealge have already done that?? i would have thought i should be "good to go". but this is my first reg purchase. please advise. thanks

When I got my Zeagle regs from ScubaToys, the regs were prepped and ready to dive right out of the box. If you're unsure, a quick call to ScubaToys will answer all your questions. :D

yes, i want to be sure what if anything i need to do, so i did send them an email and will wait to see what they say.

Fotoz4FX:
Legally, if they didn't write it, they didn't do it. Don't assume otherwise or accept a verbal statement from someone who isn't going to take the position of responsibility for your life.
Have it checked.

Definitely. I've seen other incidents like that happen, several times. A brand new BC given out without the seal in the overpressure valve. Diver jumped in the pool, hit the inflator and they kept on sinking. Oops! Somehow the BC had been sold without anyone checking it out. Just remember, it was stuck in a box by the manufacturer, shipped to them, they shipped it to you. I'd check it out really good BEFORE diving with it.

Actually, every reg that leaves here goes through a more thorough bench test than Zeagle calls for. If you look at your receipt, you will see under each item, there is a listing of the serial number of the different stages, the cracking pressure of the seconds and the intermediate pressure of the first stages.

Each reg goes on our test bench before it leaves our door.

larry, i just went and looked at my receipt, and the info is indeed right there. you guys are great! i won't worry now. i tell you what......i'm impressed with how you guys run your business and with the customer support that you provide (and promptly and in a friendly manner i might add) !! and i've seen that you have alot of fans on this board!! keep up the good work!!!!! we need people like you!! thanks again and have a great weekend!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom