Washing Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So if my dive was a local - 2 dive - trip. I come home, thoroughly wash my gear with the garden hose. Meaning I thoroughly spray my console, reg , octo, 1st stage ,fins and mask. I do the same with my bcd but I also pour water into it through the oral inflator. I then orally inflate it, shake it around , makin sure the water is moved alla round. I then empty out the water, shake off all excess water from the gear and let it dry in the shade.

If its a weekend dive, meaning I dived on Thursday ( 2 dives), I wash it on Thurs as mentioned above, then on Friday I dive twice, then drive home immidiately ( 3 hr trip + 1 hr showering @ the hotel). So about 4 hous after the 2nd day of diving, I will put all the gear into the bathroom tub and let it sit for 4 hours or so. This weekend I forgot to take the gear out, actually its still in the tub right now. Its been 22 hours so far since I submerged it (put the weights on the deflated bcd) in the tub.

Good? Bad? Comments,suggestions? Was leaving it submerged in water for 22 hours (will take it out at night, so total submersion time of 27 hours or so) too much? No need to submerge at all?

How do you guys maintain your gear?

You did not hurt anything. No need to submerge BC...just as you did hose it off real good and rinse inside by sloshing the water.

Back
Top Bottom