Help! Need fishing charter reccomendation for Myrtle Beach area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok... this isn't dive related as you can tell, but I put this in the Deep Dixie Diver forums hoping to find some local experts in this region for this. Thanks for your consideration :D (I'd put it in non-dive-related forum, but I wouldn't expect any replies as it's not regionally based forum).

I'm looking for reccomendations for fishing charter boats in Myrtle Beach area for 5 to 7 people for mid-shore/off-shore, trolling and/or bottom fishing.

Any reccomendations would be helpful. Prefer a boat that isn't "crab boat slow" like some of the fishing charters are. A larger faster boat would be nice, but will consider all.

Again, thanks for your help.

-Mike

Sorry man, I'm from Hilton Head, SC. Myrtle Beach is like 4 1/2 hours from me. I don't know anything about it.

Try Coastal Scuba he is running a fishing fleet also. I have never fished with him but I have dove with them. He is in North Myrtle. The boat is actually in Little River.
Butch
www.coastalscuba.com

outlaws:
Try Coastal Scuba he is running a fishing fleet also. I have never fished with him but I have dove with them. He is in North Myrtle. The boat is actually in Little River.
Butch
www.coastalscuba.com

I checked them out last night. looks like their fishing boat is a "party fishing boat" instead of a "private charter". I think we're looking for more for something for 5 to 7 people.

I was thinking about diving with them that same week though. I take it you'd reccomend them for diving?

-mike

I would have to second what Bluedolphin says about Dolphin Dive Charters. This time of the year Coastal is running pretty much a cattle boat. You might give www.expresswatersports.com a call they dock next to some fishing boats but I am not sure if they are commercial or not. I just checked thier web and they have 2 listings for fishing charters. They run a decent charter for scuba also.
Butch

Looks like a lot of the Myrtle Beach fishing charters actually run out of Calbash (sp) North Carolina... Found two choices that look good. Voyager Fishing Charters and Hurricane Fleet fishing chaters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom