Annual Service cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtkkym

Registered
Reaction score
I did my my first annual service on my reg (Mares Abyss 2000 and Proton oct). It cost me $120 ($60 + parts) at my local dive shop? I had 35 dives on the reg. Is it "normal" cost?

That seems awful high to me...

jtkkym:
I did my my first annual service on my reg (Mares Abyss 2000 and Proton oct). It cost me $120 ($60 + parts) at my local dive shop? I had 35 dives on the reg. Is it "normal" cost?

You should have been charged only the $60 for the service. Parts are free for Mares regs the first year of service, if you are servicing a reg that was purchased through any of the authorized Mares Dealers.

That is an awful amount for a first service. From my experience, this is how a complete regulator overhaul goes in the NY Area:

Service 69.50
Parts, 1st stg. 15.95
Parts Primary 13.95
Parts Octo 13.95
HP Seat 19.50

Total 132.85

The HP Seat (or poppet) is not normally changed during the first annual, but you would not get charged for it... If you're in a rush, add a $10.00 rush fee to the total. Why don't you ask your shop for a detailed list of what they did? Did they keep the old parts? The price seems excessive, at least for a 1st annual when the parts are usually free.

Back
Top Bottom