Jodrey Ship wreck Closed down 1000 islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Techniciany

Reaction score
Sept 23/09

The Jodrey ship wreck in 1000 island on the US side has been closed down by the US coast guard until further notice. US inland security has gone go to a higher level and a secure parameter around the coast guard station has been put in place, and unfortinetly the jodrey wreck just to the side of the stattion is included. You will be asked to leave if you attempt to dive here.

Hi

The shut down has nothing to do with an oil slick, we dive the wreck all the time and I can assure you its not the reason. I was attempting to dive her on this Saturday past and the coast guard gave us the boot. The Jodrey was pumped out one year after she went down by the owners and certified commercial divers not dive shop folks. The US regards all its Coast guard personnell and installations as an armed force and for security reasons they protect them selfs by creating a bearier until the US goverment reduces its state of readyness warning. Unfortinetly the Jodrey wreck is to close for comfort when dive boats carrying who know who or what are moored right at there docks. You will have to call imagration at Alexander Bay or the coast guard directly to see if the band has been lifted befor you attempt to dive her and be for warned the US coast Guard will not tolerate dive boat operators who persist on returning to the site after they have been told not to return at any time of the day or week.

Technician

I called the Coast Guard Station and they are not aware of the wreck being closed. They did hear about possibly having an oil leak but were not sure about that either. A couple of freinds are going to try this weekend and will let you no if they get booted from the site.

chuckrt

Hi Guys
I just recieved this email from my buddy in Rockport, which is next door to the 1000 Islands Bridge.

I have just got off the phone from USCG and the Joedery is still in
the off limits stadus. They had very little info for me other than they are diving looking for the cause of the oil. The contact # is 315-769-5476 which is Massinna NY. investagators name; Shawen Willard. The visability is very good and water temp is 63, just to add salt to the wound.

MikeD

:blfish:

That the Jodrey will be closed the rest of the year.

;-0

Jeesh Technician I thought I didnt know what I was talking about but I guess everyone else is now hearing what I have known about for awhile now. Look before you leap next time and maybe you wont look like road kill. I deleted my post because I screwed up and wasnt suppose to say anything. HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH COAST GUARD SECURITY ISSUES!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom