Necklace rigging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm starting to get really hacked off with this!!

Has anyone got a decent photo or reference site where I can see a necklace rigged on a SP R380?

First attempt with surgical tubing almost drowned me, not to mention coming off all the time. This time I tried bungee and a zip tie round the mouth piece and still it came of - but when it was there did not drown me.

Help would be much appreciated or that octo-quick comes back out....

Cheers
Jonathan

I use an o-ring to hold the mouthpiece. It is about 30mm (1.5 in) in diameter and about 3mm thick. We have loads in the stores at work. I then took another very large (10 in diameter), cut it, and tied each end to the o-ring. You could use bungy for second o-ring, but we have loads of o-rings in the stores at work:wink:

This holds the reg firmly. You can adjust the fit with different o-rings (I'm getting like Pug and his zip ties) so it is as tight or as loose as you prefer.

Use bungee, tie figure eight knots at each end, remove the existing wire tie that holds on the mouthpiece, put a new one on and trap the bungee under it with the knots "far side" of the wire tie from the diver.

Roak

I use surgical tubing and tie a loop around the mouth piece. I dont use bungee because it ties to tight. I would rather have a panicked diver rip the reg from the tubing then to rip the mouth piece off. I know you could still breath it but dont like the idea. Thats another reason I dont wrap it up under the zip tie. You hope in a bad situation that the diver will go for the reg. your breathing but thats not always going to be the case.

ah, think I see where I am going wrong now! Thanks guys.

What I was doing was adding another zip tie - for those familiar with SP regs they are not actually held in by a zip tie but some contraption that SP came up with. I'll remove that and only use one zip tie...

Thanks
Jonathan

thanks awap - I tried something simimalar with surgical tubing but other than trying to drown me (which bungee won't) it always slipped of and was a real pain - how do you keep it on the reg?

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom