Backplate slots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdavis77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

I purchased my backplate and wing a few months ago. Really great product. But I noticed something odd when getting ready for a trip this week.

I have taken some pictures (attached). If you look closely at the bottom half of the plate, the center slot and band slots seem to be off a bit (also seems that the top belt slots are off too). I wanted to see if this is correct or if I have a plate that has been machined/bent wrong.

Thanks, sorry if it is a dumb question

JD

JD,,,, it is def. messed up from looking at your pictures.....I have not seen one like that. Looks like a return is in order. :-(

It's messed up.

That's a big OOPS! Definitely wrong. That cut makes your tanks crooked on your back.

One of two things happened here, either the raw material shifted while the plate was being cut at the laser/water jet or the press brake operator didn't get his back stops set correctly.

Time for a replacement.

the K

Dryglove:
Wow.......thats nuts. Who is the manufacturer of that plate?

It is a Dive Rite plate.

Dive-aholic:
That's a big OOPS! Definitely wrong. That cut makes your tanks crooked on your back.

I hadn't noticed it when I first got the plate - was focused on just getting use to it. But lately have been working on trim etc and figured this might be a problem.

texdiveguy:
...Looks like a return is in order. :-(

Thanks for the replies everyone, will talk to the LDS about replacement

JD

jdavis77:
Thanks for the replies everyone, will talk to the LDS about replacementJD

If the LDS, which should never have sold it to you in the first place, won't or "can't" replace it immediately, maybe you should talk to DiveRite directly. They can't want that POS out there.

jdavis77:
If you look closely at the bottom half of the plate, the center slot and band slots seem to be off a bit (also seems that the top belt slots are off too).
JD

You don't have to look closely, they're way more than "a bit off". They're flamboyantly off and you're being way more than too nice about it. (Just trying to pump you up for your "chat.")

With the positioning holes located like that, you'll have a permanent list to your port side of about 3 degrees and, hence, swim in circles to your left for the rest of your diving life. :D

A question, if I may?

Are the outside edges of the two "wings" of the plate (the flat part where the strap goes through) equi-distant from the first bend?

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom