Wisdom Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Riverrat Dave

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I purchased a Sherwood Wisdom computer 01/06 I was wondering if there was any software updates and were I could get it from if there was.

By the way, I really love the Wisdom, I bought it with my first set-up and I don't think I could find better. The other one I was going to buy - but did'nt; has been recalled.... I made the right choice.:D

Thank you for diving with Sherwood, What up date are you looking for ? we have one that I know of from when it first came out so it will work with SP2.

I guess I was just asking, the way computers and software are, they are consantly updated and just wanted to be current.
If there is a software update to the Wisdom, how would we get it, LDS?

I bought a Wisdom shortly after they came out an then waited nearly a year for software. When it finally arrvied it was not significantly advanced from the older pelagic hockey puck software it replaced and would not do things like determine average SAC etc.

However the Wisdom tracks and saves data their software does not use. And you can use a third party program to access this information in the data base that your Wisdom data is saved to on your PC.

Still, as a long time Wisdom customer, I wish they would update their dated and second rate software with something current and capable of utilizing all the data the Wisdom records.

DA Aquamaster:
... I wish they would update their dated and second rate software with something current and capable of utilizing all the data the Wisdom records.
I definitely agree with this, minimalist would be a kind description.

I have a Genesis ReAct Pro & my brother has a Wisdom. Exactly the same cable, but guess what, the software looks identical when run, but neither will download the other device.

I dont understand why companies dont just make their data formats available so some of the fantastic developers can just create plugins for the download. I am sure they are not making any money on the software. Open formats allowing support from good third-party products would sell the gear, not cost the company money.

Willie

Scubase Dive Log software can be configured to access the information in the Wisdom software's data base.

http://www.scubase.net/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom