Eilat dive resort recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tovster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be in Eilat next week and I need a recommendation for a (four star) dive resort. Of the major Eilat hotels, which is best suited for diving? I’ll be there with family who are not divers so it needs to be a comfortable place.

Any suggestions?

Into the hot zone! Even if it is away from the fighting it's still 105 df.

I'm looking forward to the same info since I hope to travel to Elat one of these days with my family.

If you want to dive right near your hotel, stay at the Ambassador. They're a 4-star hotel. The Red Sea Sports Club is on-site. Some of the diving is right accross the street. The Ambassador is a nice family resort. The location is on Coral Beach.

I'd recommend spending a day at the dolphin reef. In addition to seeing the dolphins, you can take a dip in their Dead Sea-style pools. It's hard to explain, but really worth it.

The best resort in Eilat is the Sheraton Herod's Palace Hotel. It's got all the usual 5-star luxury stuff, including a great spa. Be aware that it is expensive. Herod's is located on North Beach, further away from the diving, but right in the middle of all the hotels and restaurants. By comparison, the Ambassador is more isolated and is best if you have a car.

There are other nice hotels like the Dan, Crown Plaza, King Solomon's Palace. They are all on North beach. A taxi ride to Coral Beach is only 5-10 minutes and costs 20-25 shekels.

My favorite diving is in Taba, right over the Egyptian border. Aqua-Sport has dive centers in Eilat and Taba and can take you over. It's very easy. In Eilat, they are on the beach, accross the street from the Ambassador/Red Sea Sports Club.

The Gulf of Aqaba is a great diving area. Last time I was in the region, I stayed at the Aquamarina in Aqaba. (Just down the beach, but sooo far way!). They have an on site dive operator who did a nice job by us.

Took lots of pictures and video.

We also went in the summer and it is HOT, HOT, HOT!

Enjoy your trip to Eilat.

I was just there two weeks ago. Definitely go with the Isrotel Ambassador Hotel on Coral Beach. It is a fantastic facility, extremely family-friendly and they offer a lot for the non-divers in your group. As for the diving, the staff at Manta (the dive center for the Red Sea Sports Club) is excellent and the diving was wonderful. There is a makolet (supermarket) a block away for anything you might need and the hotel gives vouchers for free transportation to the malls and downtown all day long. If you have little kids, they have a great kids program. The food is excellent, the service is top-notch and all of the other guests were very friendly, too.

If you want more info, please feel free to PM me.

- corny

Originally, I planed to spend at least a week diving in Sharm. However, because of the escalating war in the region, I don’t feel safe enough to travel to the Sinai region at this time.

Although I have logged hundreds of dives throughout the Caribbean over the past few years, I have yet to dive any where else in the world. I plan to do lots of dives in the coming weeks in Eilat and then report on it here on SB. I am hungry to see ocean life that I never witnessed before.

Tovster:
Originally, I planed to spend at least a week diving in Sharm. However, because of the escalating war in the region, I don’t feel safe enough to travel to the Sinai region at this time.

Although I have logged hundreds of dives throughout the Caribbean over the past few years, I have yet to dive any where else in the world. I plan to do lots of dives in the coming weeks in Eilat and then report on it here on SB. I am hungry to see ocean life that I never witnessed before.
This is very strange :confused:
You're afraid of the war so you're not going to Sinai and you're going to Eilat instead??? Actually Egypt (where Sinai is) is not involved in this war. However, Israel (where Eilat is) is involved.

Red Sea Shadow:
This is very strange :confused:
You're afraid of the war so you're not going to Sinai and you're going to Eilat instead??? Actually Egypt (where Sinai is) is not involved in this war. However, Israel (where Eilat is) is involved.

Eilat is in Israel indeed, but it is soooo far from any war- both geographically and mentally.It is a world apart on its own :blinking:

Back
Top Bottom