Rig diving of Ft. Morgan Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Great time last weekend diving rigs right off the coast. We were only 7 miles off shore and the vis was great for Ft. Morgan. (50ft). We dove three different gas rigs and saw great stuff. I shot my first fish with my new speargun. A grouper 30 inches, 15 lbs, maybe it was 20lbs, actually it was 35 lbs. It gets bigger everything I tell the story. On the second dive we saw a seven foot nurse shark that was very curious and not aggressive. I also saw a 5 ft cobia on the same rig. Ofcourse when I saw the cobia I did not have my gun with me. But it was so cool. What a blast. All this on a little 22 ft Proline. Can't beat having your own boat. South Alabama is a great place to dive.

Sounds like a great time. I'd think about dropping in on some of the closer rigs on good days with my inflatable if there were a better place for me to launch on the beach out there :p

I was wondering about some of the closer rigs myself. My boat is only a 17.5 ft center console, but I might be able to go to the closest rigs.

Mike

Hey Matt,

I've got a boat launch at my beach house on Ft. Morgan if that would be easier. You would have to go out around the point but it is always available for you!

Thats a hellovan offer :) I might have to take advantage of it one of these days!

Back
Top Bottom