Are the Atmos 2 & the XR-2 the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stever2002

Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard that they have the same guts, just different form factor. True? Thanks!
...steve...

stever2002:
I have heard that they have the same guts, just different form factor. True? Thanks!
...steve...

Real darn close. You will have a slightly larger display on the Atmos 2. The main goal of Aeris was to have a unit that would also fit as a replacement gauge for stock consoles - thus the XR2 version - but as far as features - They even program up the same.

But you can pick up the Atmos 2 in wrist or console configurations for real good deals now that they are moving them slowly out of the line. But for me and my ole' eyes... I prefer the Atmos 2 display!

There are quite a few changes in hardware (the guts) but from the divers perspective they have most of the same as Larry pointed out.

We are still shipping Atmos 2's in the wrist and console (without compass, knife, or quick disconnect). The fully loaded versions are gone. The others will be gone soon. The main difference is the size of the screen. Atmos 2 has a larger screen than XR-2 but the XR-2 is less bulky in size. Like everything in life there are trade offs. I prefer the XR-2 but my eyes are young. Good deals can be found on the Atmos 2's if you want one. Keep in mind either unit will carry a 2 year warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer even if they are closed out.

I'm leaning towards the Atmos-2. I was playing with the online simulator and reading the docs and I have a question, though. In Log Book mode, is the temperature shown in the lower screen the "coldest" temp, the temp at the maximum depth, or some other temperature.

Also, with regard to the PC Download, does the PC software generate anything that can be printed and included into my dive log? If there are any online examples, feel free to send me a link.

Thanks!
...steve...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom