Regs on ebay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sneakysnook

Reaction score
Looking to buy a regulator set but I don't have a lot of money. So I wanted to know if anyone has ever bought a reg on ebay and had any luck with them. Also wanted to know what I should be looking for in a good reg.

Keep in mind that you have no guarantee of functionality and you will have to pay for an overhaul before using.

Might want to read my experience, one post up.

Know what you want and what it is worth before you bid. Decide what a reg would be worth if it needed a complete overhaul, and do not fall prey to a bidding war. A once in a lifetime deal comes along every week on ebay. I try to make a single bid. Figure out the worth of a reg, bid it, and walk away. If it gets sniped, oh well. It wasn't meant to be.

What Creed said. With that said, yes, I've bought several regs on Ebay and got great deals on all of them, but I knew exactly what I was looking for and how much it was worth before I even started looking.

You can find some great deals on Ebay but do your homework first.

Do yourself a favor and save your money...be patient and buy new from a local dive shop,,,,Ebay is a neat thing,,,,but buying 'life support' from a reputable dive center is the way to go!

i dont find all that great of deals for regs on ebay. best bet is check out Craigs list they got some good deals localy.

Brand0n:
i dont find all that great of deals for regs on ebay. best bet is check out Craigs list they got some good deals localy.

Pray tell me more :eyebrow:

I just brought a set thru action
Aqualung 1st stage with XR2 Cryo 2nd and XR2 octi. oceanics SPG plus another oceanic SPG and depth. all for $250 NZ ($150 US)
As far as Im concerned it was the hell deal.
Keep yor eyes peeled for the good deals. research before you bid and expect to have it serviced before you use it.
I buy most my dive gear thru auctions & I have slowly built up a nice collection that has cost me a fraction of what it would have cost new. If you buy new expect it to worth half if you decide to sell it. If you buy wise second hand you may even make money selling it. Its how I do it.

I bought my doubles regs on e-bay. I got a very good price on them, even considering that it cost $125 per reg to get them serviced. But I also knew who was selling them, and counted on that person giving an accurate description of the regulators -- and I knew how they had been cared for.

Back
Top Bottom