Shorter inflator hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wunat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am using a SP MK16 for my single tank setup (with a Halcyon Eclipse wing). The LP port from the MK16 1st stage points in an angle with points directly toward the wing inflator. I understood that the inflator hose which comes with the wing is 22" standard, which is what I am using. The hose looks too long to me as I route and connect it to the inflator.

Does anyone has such problem as well. If so, did you switch to a shorter inflator hose? Are there hoses inflator market that's shorter than 22"?

I know that www.diveriteexpress.com are selling 15". It is a big reduction from 22" so I am not sure if that will be right? Any where shorter inflator hoses are available?

I had good luck getting other than standard sized hoses for my H wings at www.extreme-exposure.com
They were extremely helpful, might want to give them a call.

Jasonmh:
I had good luck getting other than standard sized hoses for my H wings at www.extreme-exposure.com
They were extremely helpful, might want to give them a call.

From their site, the available length is 22" which is what I am currently using.

Yes, you have to call them, they have other sizes in stock. I got some 24" inflator hoses, and they said they have other sizes, I just don't know exactly what.

I have 3 spare LP hoses; from 14-18 inches. I picked them up at a local shop. I use the shorter hoses when I put on a "sub duck" (noise-maker)on one of 2 BC's. Keeps the LP hose length close to the inflator hose length. Total cost less than $20.

Back
Top Bottom