Back Plate Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fxt

Registered
Reaction score
Now that Im with a DR Back Plate I have no type of hand-strap to grab the BC from when mounting onto tanks or other. Has anyone added one or know of who makes one.

fxt:
Now that Im with a DR Back Plate I have no type of hand-strap to grab the BC from when mounting onto tanks or other. Has anyone added one or know of who makes one.
i've been thinking of the same thing... i'm seriously considering going to a local sports bag maker or shoe repair shop (with light nylon webbing) and rigging together a simple loop that can be weaved through a couple of holes on the BP and securing it in place

Jag

I just put my forearm through the two shoulder straps and lift with that.

Mark Vlahos

Its not so much that one is needed only that we pay so much for some of these items and the simple yet needed things are not there, you can find a full bc and it has it all we build top of the line products and get no strap...

Don't get me wrong, if you want one by all means go for it, but one of the things that I like the most about my back plate and wing is the lack of all the extras. Now admittedly, I dive a Hogarthian configuration, so I am looking for a simple stripped down "sports car" type of rig. I like the simplicity of my one piece webbing harness with no extra buckles or doodads. If you want one it would be exceedingly simple to make with just a few feet of 1 inch webbing and a couple of triglides, available at a fabric store.

Have fun,

Mark Vlahos

fxt:
Its not so much that one is needed only that we pay so much for some of these items and the simple yet needed things are not there, you can find a full bc and it has it all we build top of the line products and get no strap...

And that helps you underwater how?? Some of us buy this stuff just because it doesn't have what you don't need when your underwater.

I just grab my BP/W by the top tank strap and use that to position the bottom strap.

It equates to the same thing, just not quite as narrow and one less thing with which to become entangled.

the K

Having that thing isn't the best of ideas--lifting a full rig by one of those straps could end in the death of the BC if the stitching isn't good. Personally I believe they're useless.

Back
Top Bottom