Today I got wet. Philadelphia quarry TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offroaddiver

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Me and the diving buddy (gf) hit philadelphia quarry today. Even though we have planned this trip for anniversary...we just now go to it 2 weeks later (ouch). Luck was not on my side for the trip today. Yesterday started gathering all the gear I already had set out for diving 2 weeks ago and about 1/2 of it was there. considering 2 weeks combined with getting ready for college, I'm surprised I was able to find anything. But anyways. On to today....

anyone wonder why newer people don't get into the sport ....

needed wetsuit tanks and a couple of extra weights for me and gf..
tank rentals 4 x ~$8
wetsuit rentatls... 2 x ~$15
weight.. 2 x ~$4

with taxes came around to $79 OUCH
gas...well we won't get into that

Was gonna use new BC but ended up borrowing reg setup from gf's father...the lp hose didn't fit new DSS BP/w...luckily had bc that I could wear (gf's dad's) and even more luckily had enough lead rented to sink both of us (6lbs would of beeen my BP)

It was HOT today 95 air temp. 88 surface of the water. Only used the jacket part of farmer john/jacket wetsuit because of water temps.

Decent visibility around 40'

After bad luck up until arriving at the quarry, diving clensed me of the bad luck. No problems since I got started on first dive.

The people I've met while diving are great. From people who were just hanging out in the water to other divers. If anyone would believe it... I gave 2 teenaged girls a piece of cheese and they ended up swatting fish out of the water and catching them. Definitly something fun to see during SI.

This unfortunately looks like my last dive for a while due to lack of funds plus don't wanna spend around 5-20% of what new gear would cost on rental. The tanks aren't bad ... The rest is crazy.

Diving clenses the soul...

My daughter spend her SI last weekend chasing the fish in the shallows at Philadelphia. I was a lot of fun to watch. We're planning on a trip to either Philadelphia or Loch Low Minn next weekend. If you get enough funds for another trip, let me know.
Ken

were you the one or do you know of the girl with the background in shrimping around the age of 4?

offroaddiver:
were you the one or do you know of the girl with the background in shrimping around the age of 4?

That wasn't me. My daughter was finishing up her JrOW dives with the instructor. I did a couple of dives seperately and then did a short dive with my daughter to show her the vending machines once she finished her certification dives.

I plan on taking her back on Saturday or Sunday for a couple of dives. I expect to be back down several times over the next few weeks because I want to work with her on her skills before we go on vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom